7. Healthy and Happy
Send us your questions, receive our answers
- 10 Ideas: Creating Quality Time With Your Kids
- Bringing Up Kids Without Tearing Them Down How To Raise Confident, Successful Children by Kevin Leman (2001 Thomas Nelson)
- 10 Easy Ways to Fire Your Child's Imagination http://www.parenting.com/article/10-easy-ways-to-fire-your-childs-imagination-21354373
- Bedtime stories for young brains http://mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/well/2015/08/17/bedtime-stories-for-young-brains/?smprod=nytcore-ipad&smid=nytcore-ipad-share&_r=0&referrer=
- Junk Food
- Health Principles
- Obesity in Children
- Making school lunches your child will actually eat http://www.parenting.com/article/making-school-lunches-hell-actually-eat
- Great Mom Snacks http://www.parenting.com/article/great-mom-snacks
- Do Girls Get Enough Exercise? http://www.parenting.com/article/do-girls-get-enough-exercise
- Puberty Coming Earlier for U.S. Girls http://www.parents.com/blogs/parents-news-now/2013/11/05/trends/puberty-coming-earlier-for-u-s-girls/
Managing Stress in Children
- An Exchange article by Diane Levin: "When the World is a Dangerous Place — Helping Children Deal with Violence in the News."
- A New York Times article, "Tips for Talking to Children About the Shooting."
- Advice from National Child Traumatic Stress Network, "Talking to Children about the Shooting."
- Advice from the National Association of School Psychologists, "A National Tragedy: Helping Children Cope."
- A resource from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, "Tips for Talking to Children and Youth after Traumatic Events."
- Fred Rogers' advice from Family Communications, "Helping Children Deal with Tragic Events in the News."
- Advice from the American Psychological Association, "Helping Your Children Manage Distress in the Aftermath of a Shooting."
- Article from Young Child Ministries, Children and Grief
- Water Safety: Keeping Kids Safe When You Live Near a Lake http://www.phdinparenting.com/blog/2012/7/13/water-safety-keeping-kids-safe-when-you-live-near-a-lake.html
- Child Abuse Prevention Tips http://www.parenting.com/article/tips-child-sex-abuse-prevention
- Why we don't keep secrets in our house (Child Abuse Prevention) http://denver.citymomsblog.com/parenting/why-we-dont-keep-secrets-in-our-house/
- The rude behavior I'm teaching my children (sexual abuse prevention) http://wichita.citymomsblog.com/health-wellness/child-sexual-abuse/
- 1-year-olds and Sleep http://www.parents.com/toddlers-preschoolers/sleep/issues/1-year-olds-sleep/
- Five Playful Ways to Develop Fine Motor Skills http://mamasmiles.com/playful-ways-to-develop-fine-motor-skills/
- 18 Things No One Told Us About Raising a Child with Autism - http://www.ivillage.com/kids-autism-parenting-tips-we-wish-wed-known/6-b-387719?nlcid=bt|04-08-2013|&_mid=661933&_rid=661933.7101.64228
- How to Lead Your Kids Through Life’s Tough Topics https://vitalmagazine.com/Home/Article/How-to-Lead-Your-Kids-Through-Life-s-Tough-Topics/
- Family Dinners Improve Mental Health and Well Being of Adolescents http://www.medindia.net/news/lifestyleandwellness/family-dinners-improve-mental-health-and-well-being-of-adolescents-116913-1.htm
- The terrible teens http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/08/31/the-terrible-teens