The Help! I’m a Parent curriculum is a comprehensive resource that includes video, leader’s materials, and parent materials all packaged so you can use them personally or in a group. The overall goal of the curriculum is to help parents to fulfill their God-given role as the disciple makers of their children. Listed below is the title and objectives for each segment included in curriculum. Each of these segments includes a teaching video on DVD where experts share with parents from their experience.
Overall Project Goal: Help parents to fulfill their God-given role as the disciple makers of their children
Title and Objectives for each Segment included in Curriculum
- Invitation and Introduction–Parents will be inspired on their journey to be the disciple makers of their children. They will be introduced to the program and invited to take up the exciting challenge and blessings of parenting.
- Firm Foundation—Whether a single parent, foster parent, married couple, or grandparent raising a grandchild, this segment will focus on the importance of building a firm foundation for parenting a child.
- A Forever Friendship–This segment will focus on ways of helping children develop a personal relationship with Jesus and make Him their best friend.
- Sharing and Service–As an adult we have an important role to play in modeling the joy of service. It will assist in teaching children the joy of sharing their experience with Jesus through family oriented mission and community service activities.
- Relations and Rivalry–Relational skills are taught in the home. This section will deal with teaching those important lessons and ways to help children see the importance and value (for good or evil) of their interpersonal interactions.
- Managing Media–Satan is using social media to invade our homes. This affects even the smallest child. It is the parent’s role to assist children in understanding the influence of the social media and the importance of making right choices.
- Healthy and Happy–Diet, exercise, and rest all play an important role in the health of our children. Making healthy choices starts in the home.
- Respect and Responsibility–This section will deal with teaching our children the importance of being respectful and taking on age appropriate responsibilities.
- Time, Talents, and Treasures–Stewardship involves our time, our treasures, and our talents. It involves material possessions as well as our person. Home teaches children the proper use and care of all that they have and all that they are.
- Parenting Partners–Parents will be equipped and encouraged to continue their journey of disciple making. Take advantage of available resources that include learning from older members who have walked the parenting road before us.